In Cookpad, Site Reliability Engineers are a hybrid between system engineers and software engineers who are responsible for and who take ownership of reliability, automation, and scalability. We focus on the systems and tools that enable our engineers to operate and scale the largest recipe sharing community in the world.
As a SRE, I build high performance and scalable systems with AWS and software. I work closely with engineers to advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues. In the case of incidents, I triage, mitigate and solve them with product team engineers.
* Build highly available, performant and scalable service infrastructure with AWS * Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of Cookpad. * Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again * Participate in the operations on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise * Contribute to internal tools that help us improve our operations processes, manage our infrastructure, and scale our systems * Engage with product engineering teams to triage production outages and carry forward action items to improve ongoing reliability * Undertake measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complicated systems under pressure
1. Development of Security technologies and appliances test ecosystem - Development of OpenStack-based IaaS for flexible development and verification environment for security technologies and appliances - Development of virtual companies and automatic attacking system - Development of malware libraries using Web technology and search engine - Development of malware clustering and selection method based on dynamic analysis
2. Development of cyber security training program for all NTT groups - Investigation of Israel cyber security technologies and training programs with other company members. - Development of training courses, hands-on scenarios and environments for important security concepts(Web application, encryption, network). - Teaching important security concepts based on developed materials and hands-on training.
3. National project for APT Attack experiment - Participated in the discussion of the design of Attack Detection System for Advanced Persistent Threat - Developed a normal activity log generator whose logs and compared the logs with malicious activities.
4. Development of VMWare-based IaaS as a company-wide development environment - Developed and operated IaaS based on VMWare technologies(ESXi & vCenter & vCloud Director) as a company-wide development environment.
5. Operation of NOC & SOC - Operation and management of network appliances and servers of the development network(These network apps and servers are placed in several datacenters). - Operation and management of security sensors to monitor and help ensure the security of internal networks.
Developed several iOS applications and translated UI texts from Korean to Japanese and English.(There was no Japanese people in NSOFT inc and I realized the importance English as a means of communication )
2010-04 - 2011-04
Contribute startups as a volunteer server-side engineer
* Investigated and provided information about efficient wireless network for small office relocation * Took part in event management * Implemented automation program of development environment * Evaluated perfomance of servers and designed systems for high user's traffic based on Apple's featured applications
2014-9 - 2015-5
Practitioners' Community for Management of Science and Technology Commercialisation Waseda
* Established a Research community(PMSTC) with three Management of Technology(MOT) course members and managed some projects. * PMSTC expresses "Practitioners' Community for Management of Science and Technology Commercialisation Waseda" * Held several parties and presentation about kick-off, networking, reporting and research and we gathered around hundred students, MBA holders, professors and each domain proffesional in each meeting. * Joined over 60 people in our community during 2011 - 2012. * Applied MOT method for startup technologies and university research and gave valuable knowledge and advices.
* Management of Technology Leader course in Graduate School of Business Design and Management * Learned and experieneced several business skills such as business accounting, management, assessment, analysis , leadership mind.
Graduate School of Electrical Engineering and Bioscience
* M.E in Graduate school of Electrical Engineering and Bioscience * Recipient of Scholarship in Graduate School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering Awarded a prestigious academic scholarship, due to my higher exam results and research activities at Waseda University. This was awarded for the years 1-2 of my master degree program, subject to maintaining a good performance in all my studies and [reasearches](http://blog.takanabe.tokyo/publications/). * Contributed as main researcher and research collaborator of following groups * [Power Academy](http://www.power-academy.jp/) * [MEXT Supported Program for the Strategic Research Foundation at Private Universities](http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/shinkou/07021403/002/002/1218299.htm) * [JST ERATO Minato Discrete Structure Manipulation System Project](http://www.jst.go.jp/erato/minato/index_en.html) * Several Japanese companies
Department of Electrical Engineering and Bioscience
* B.E in Department of Electrical Engineering and Bioscience * Recipient of Tamura Award 2011 Awarded a because of my researches in terms of novelty and creativity. * Recipient of Young engineerPoster Competition 2010 Awarded one of the most evaluated research paper and presentation in IEEJ conference. * Contributed as main researcher and research collaborator of following groups * [Power Academy](http://www.power-academy.jp/) * [MEXT Supported Program for the Strategic Research Foundation at Private Universities](http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/shinkou/07021403/002/002/1218299.htm) * [JST ERATO Minato Discrete Structure Manipulation System Project](http://www.jst.go.jp/erato/minato/index_en.html)